10 # aliasman71 2017/3/23 19:52:22

I currently have this same issue , I went to dust off my spinnerchief II Elite which I paid for a lifetime serial (based on the ad saying I would always have the latest version forever) I go look in my email folder where I saved all emails from this company and see everything but the email for my serial. I think... ok no biggie ill just to retrieve it on the website somehow..nope.

So I email whitehatbox support asking for my serial and get a reply that I have to pay $67 for spinnerchief 4 and no mention of my serial or how to retrieve it, even though I still do have my paypal email showing transaction id , purchase price (which I provided them)..I gave them everything I've read in forum posts they say they need.

I'm still waiting on their reply from my last email to them. I'll post back here what the outcome is. If I'm screwed with on this I'm going as far as I can go to let people know . At this point I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt until they prove me wrong. But I have to be honest at this point, it has all the makings of a bait and switch. When you pay for a lifetime serial that says you get free updates to the latest version of the software..that's what you should get..not this response:

also I still have the emails where it said I could upgrade to the spinnerchief 3 for free ( which I did) and also I see the email I received to upgrade to spinnerchief 4 free. So this is really annoying to me at this point.

Hi, very sorry for the inconvenience.
For spinnerchief 2, accourding to the purchase situation at that time, some accounts can upgrade to sc4 for free, but some accounts are not fit for the situation. We need to check your account first. Please send us your Paypal/payment account via private message. We will check it first, and then reply to you asap.

Have a nice day!!!